Advice from A Trusted Mississippi Real Estate Lawyer—Close with Confidence
Not all lawyers have experience with property matters or are qualified to handle residential and commercial transactions. It is important, therefore, to hire a real estate attorney in Mississippi who is experienced to handle what is probably among the largest investments in your lifetime. Residential closings and multi-million dollar transactions in commercial closings are complex and require trained, thorough legal representation to ensure all the details are carefully considered and properly accounted for.
This area of law requires a lawyer who is familiar with property law and lender practices. These are not static, as they vary from lender to lender, making it particularly important that your representation is done by a knowledgeable legal practitioner.
Your closing attorney will be responsible for the following, and as such should be selected with care:
- Examining the title to the property and noting any liens or defects to the title, easements, rights of way, leases or restrictive covenants
- Performing title curative if needed to convey marketable title
- Addressing homestead exemption issues with regard to property tax
- Preparing the title commitment and all documents utilized in the transaction, including:
- Warranty or Special Warranty Deed
- Assignment of Leases and Rents
- All types of loan documents
- Acting as the disbursement agent of the funds
- Preparing the Closing Statement for commercial closings
- Preparing the Closing Disclosure Statement for residential closings
- Ensuring compliance with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) in order to be sure he or she is not violating any laws in handling the transaction or funds
- Submitting the 1099 list to the IRS each year on taxable sales of property
Seek Advice and Support from Your Real Estate Lawyer in Mississippi
Contact Susan G. Pinkston PLLC for experienced representation and assistance with your estate closing. We provide a range of legal services to residents of Jackson, Madison and Ridgeland MS and can handle your closing for properties and transactions of any size. Whether large or small, we know this is an important investment and step in your personal or business life. For that reason, we are here to support and advise you through all the legal details and fine print.
Contact us to discuss your upcoming estate closing. Call 1-601-957-9460 to find out more about our services and hire a trusted, established real estate attorney in Mississippi.